Tuesday, August 11, 2009

In the World of Tattoos (3 Weirdoz getting tattoos)

The world of tattoos, on my day of from the boutique me, the good home Jaz, and the homie Aggy went to get our work done at InkSanity. I decided to get a tattoo dedicated to my parents. I got my mother name and angel wings on the left thumb and my fathers on the right one. Every time I get a tattoo I wonder if it was a sin to have all these tattoos. So I gather some information on the web about what the bible says about tattoos.

The Old Testament law commanded the Israelites, “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD” (Leviticus 19:28). So, even though believers today are not under the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15), the fact that there was a command against tattoos should raise some questions. The New Testament does not say anything about whether or not a believer should get a tattoo.

In relation to tattoos and body piercings, a good test is to determine whether we can honestly, in good conscience, ask God to bless and use that particular activity for His own good purposes. “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31). The New Testament does not command against tattoos or body piercings, but it also does not give us any reason to believe God would have us get tattoos or body piercings.

I say leave it up to your own interpretation. I honestly think on judgment day that me having tattoos will be the deciding factor if I can walk through the pearly gates or rot in hell.









No comments: